Florida Hospital’s Creation Health Employees is the department responsible for creating a culture of health within the hospital system and inspiring employees to improve their health: mind, body, and spirit.
It offers several wellness options for employees, ranging from preventive initiatives — like walking challenges, sleep education, stress education, financial education and courses focused on interpersonal relationships and trust — to chronic condition management dealing with issues of weight and/or diabetes.
Specific core program elements focus on whole person health and include culture, prevention, behavioral interventions and chronic condition management such as:
- An eight-hour experience based on choice, rest, environment, activity, trust, interpersonal relationships, outlook, and nutrition.
- Web-based walking challenges throughout the year
- A couch-to-5K training program designed for employees with sedentary lifestyles
- Weight Watchers & Weight Watchers for Diabetes
- A personalized weight management program by a care team of specialists and physicians
- Complete health improvement program
- Diabetes care program